Articles of Interest
What is Quality Rated Child Care?
According to the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning:
Quality Rated is Georgia’s system to determine, improve, and communicate the quality of programs that provide child care. Similar to rating systems for restaurants and hotels, Quality Rated assigns one, two or three stars to early education and school-age care programs that meet or exceed the minimum state requirements. By participating in Georgia’s voluntary Quality Rated program, programs make a commitment to work continuously to improve the quality of care they provide to children and families.
Quality Rated gives parents and families greater confidence in their child care choice because independent, credentialed experts in early education have assessed whether programs follow best practices, such as:
- Employing qualified and well-trained teachers
- Providing a safe, healthy and caring environment
- Implementing individualized instruction
- Offering a curriculum that prepares children for kindergarten
- A focus on both active learning and social-emotional development
- Engaging families
- Providing a low teacher-student ratio
As stated above at the present time school participation in the process to be Quality Rated is voluntary. We congratulate our member schools who have achieved Quality rating for their schools.
The information above is provided by Bright From the Start at http://families.decal.ga.gov/ChildCare/QualityRated